Arun valley to Everest base camp trek is a wonderful trek and perhaps one of the unique and world's only exotic trekking experience that includes trekking into the world's one of the deepest valley(More than 20000 foot deep) to world's highest region of Everest. As everyone certainly knows about Mount Everest and its location and surrounding, that Everest region includes several high mountains, Glaciers, peaks and the famous Sherpa villages. Unlike Everest Region, Arun valley is the less explored place, however, it is equally or even more beautiful place than any other trekking region in Nepal. The Arun valley is situated in the eastern part of Nepal and lies within the famous Makalu Barun National park. It is believed that Arun valley has the highest number of bird's species, even more than the entire continental US, which also means while trekking into the valley you will certainly encounter different species of birds and their melodies. Also, Arun Valley Nepal is home to animals like snow leopard, jungle cat, Himalayan wolf, red panda, Hanuman langur, Musk deer, and several other animals. Arun valley Nepal is also unique and beautiful because of its unique climatic variations, it includes five different climates from Tropical to Alpine, hence Arun valley can be regarded as the blessed valley to trek and enjoy the real nature.
Arun valley to Everest base camp trek is an alternative approach to trek in the Everest Region. Most of the trekkers who have trekked into the Everest region, almost 90% of those trekkers or even more go through flying to Lukla. Arun Valley to Everest base camp trek is best for those trekkers who love to trek and wander into the peaceful trails and environment and who doesn't like the crowd. Arun valley trekking is located at such a best and beautiful place that, from Arun valley, trekkers can trek in to the world's highest region where world's highest Mount Everest(8848m) is located, meanwhile from Arun valley trekkers can also trek in to the Kanchenjunga conservation area, where world's third highest mount Kanchenjunga(8586m) is located. As earlier mentioned that Arun valley lies within the famous Makalu Barun national park, it is also clear that Mount Makalu (8481m), the fifth highest mountain in the world can also be accessed from this Arun valley.
The trek starts after 40 minutes of flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar, then trekking through several villages, forests, via Makalu Barun national park, until you arrive at Phakding in Everest region, and from Phakding to Everest base camp. Despite being such a beautiful place and best located, very few trekkers have explored this area; therefore Himalayan Icefall trekking has designed this Arun valley to Everest base camp trek to give you the ultimate natural trekking experience.
* Kathmandu heritage sightseeing
* World's one of the deepest Arun valley
* Silent Trekking trails
* Amazing landscapes, forest and true nature.
* Several species of Birds and their beautiful melodies.
* Typical Nepali villages and farmlands
* Ethnical and cultural diversity (chhetri, Brahmins, Rai, Limbu, Sherpa)
* Monasteries, Chhortens and mani walls
* World's highest mountains (Everest 8848m, Lhotse 8516m, Makalu 8481m, Pumari 7161m, Lobuche 6119m, Amadablam 6812m) and many more mountains and hills.
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu 1334m, Himalayan Icefall Trekking's representative will meet and transfer to hotel , Arun valley to Everest base camp trekking briefing. overnight at Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu half day city tour and preparation for trekking.
Day 03: Fly kathmandu to Tumlingtar (40-45 minutes) then trek to Chyawabesi (280m) (5-6 hours)
Day 04: Trek Chyawabesi to Kothe. (6-7 hours)
Day 05: Trek Kothe to Salpa Phedi (1680m). (6-7 hours)
Day 06: Trek Salpa Phedi to Sanam (2850m) via Guranse (2880m). (6-7 hours)
Day 07: Trek Sanam to Bung. (1900m) (6-7 hours)
Day 08: Trek Bung to Gai kharka (2300m). (5-6 hours)
Day 09: Trek Gai kharka to Puiyan (2230m). (6-7 hours)
Day 10: Trek Puiyan to Phakding (2830m). (5-6 hours)
Day 11: Trek Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) (6-7 hours)
Day 12: Acclimatization in Namche (3,440m)
Day 13: Trek Namche to Tengboche (3900m) (6-7 hours)
Day 14: Trek Tengboche to Dingboche (4380m) (6-7 hours)
Day 15: Trek Dingboche to Lobuche (4900m) (4-5 hours)
Day 16: Trek Lobuche To Gorakshep (5170m), Visit Everest Base Camp (5364m), Back To Gorakshep: 7 - 8 Hours
Day 17: Trek Gorakshep to Kalapathar (5550m) then return to Pangboche (4100m) (7-8 hours)
Day 18: Trek Pangboche Khumjung (3780m) (7-8 hours)
Day 19: Trek Khumjung to Phakding (2610 m) (5-6 hours)
Day 20: Trek Phakding to Lukla (2840m) (3-4 hours)
Day 21: Fly Lukla to Kathmandu (25-30 minutes) Relax, free and easy day at your own.
Day 22: Reserve day, in case of flight cancellation
Day 23: International Departure.
• Conservation/national park fees and all government taxes.
• Kathmandu/Timlingtar/ Lukla/Kathmandu flight cost
• Accommodation in the Lodges in trekking areas.
• All required land Transportation during the Trip
• Experienced & professional Trekking Guide, his Salary, food & Insurance.
• Necessary number of porters
• Kathmandu Valley city sightseeing tour
• Kathmandu Hotel on BB plan
• Porter’s salary, foods. Insurance &equipment’s
• All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
• First aid box.
• Celebration dinner after the trip in Kathmandu.
• Medical/personal high-risk insurance (suggest have rescue coverage policy as well)
• Personal Clothing/Gears for the trekking
• Tips for Nepalese staffs.
• Cost of personal expenses, shopping, Beverage bills etc.
• Nepal Visa Fee
• International Airfare
• Extra night at Kathmandu.
• Extra night at lukla in case of flight cancellation.
• Internet cost during the trekking
• Hot water Showers during the trek
• Major meals in Kathmandu
Note: If provided date is not convenient for you then, let us know. We are happy to arrange your appropriate custom trip.
The major important checklist for the trekking are as follows:
1) Trekking boots - 01 pair with 4 pairs of warm shocks
2) Dawn Jacket - 01
3) Sleeping bag- 01
4) Long sleeves - 02 pairs
5) Sun glass - 01
6) Hat - 01
7) Water Bottle - 01
8) Half Pant - 01
9) Trousers - 02
10 ) T- Shirts - 04
11) Trekking Stick - 02
12) Sunscreen - 01
13) Mosquito repelling cream - 01 ( in case in the low land areas)
14) Rucksack - 01
15) Gloves -01 pair
16) Wind proof jacket- 1
17) Warm Cap-1
18) Personal Medicines
19) Flash light