Mera Peak is one of the best trekking peaks and also considered as the highest trekking peak in Nepal. Mera Peak is a mountain which lies in Nepal's Sagarmatha zone in the district of Solukhumbu. Mera peak contains three main summits which are Mera North (6476 meters), Mera central (6461 meters) and Mera South (6065 meters) and we will be climbing the Mera North, the highest one. From the Summit of Mera peak, one can enjoy the splendid views of the Mountains over 8000 meters. Mount Everest, Cho Oyu, Makalu, Kanchenjunga, Lhotse are the mountains over 8000 meters that can be seen from the summit of Mera peak, besides other several peaks and mountains can also be viewed from the summit. The best time for Mera peak trek is during spring and autumn season. Although Mera Peak is the Trekking peak, climbing the Mera peak can be physically and mentally challenging experience hence physical and mental fitness is required along with necessary acclimatization. Himalayan Icefall Trekking has the best Sherpa guides having years of experience on Peak Climbing and especially on Mera peak climbing and they will be responsible for your safety and will lead you too.
Mera Peak Climbing Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival to Kathmandu & Transfer to the Hotel (1,400m)
Day 02: Kathmandu city tour full day
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and trek to Chutanga (3,060m)
Day 04: Trek from Chutanga to Tuli Kharka (3,900m) Via Zatrawa La Pass (4,610m)
Day 05: Trek from Tuli Kharka to Kothe (4,095m)
Day 06: Trek from Kothe to Thangnak (4,350m)
Day 07: Trek from thangnak to Khare (5,054m)
Day 08: Acclimatization at Khare (rest day)
Day 09: Trek from Khare to Mera Peak Base camp (5,400m)
Day 10: Trek from Mera Peak Base camp to High Camp (5,790m)
Day 11: Trek High Camp to Mera Peak Summit (6,476m) and Back to the base camp
Day 12: Trek from Mera Peak Base Camp to Khare
Day 13: Trek from Khare to Kothe
Day 14: Trek from Kothe to Tuli Kharka Via Zatrawa La Pass
Day 15: Trek from Tuli kharka to Lukla
Day 16: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu & transfer to the Hotel
Day 17: Leisure day in Kathmandu City
Day 18: Transfer to International Airport for final departure
Cost starts from USD 3050.00 per person (Minimum two person basis)
From 3-6 person USD 2850.00 per person
From 7-10 person USD 2600.00 per person
• Oxygen Bottle (O2): Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropiate charge).
• Oxygen mask and regulater
• Certificate: Island Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association (after climbing the Island Peak successfully).
• Conservation/National park/Climbing fees and all government taxes.
• Kathmandu/Lukla/ Kathmandu flight cost
• Accommodation in the Lodges in trekking areas.
• All required land Transportation during the Trip
• Government licensed, Experienced & professional Sherpa Guide, his Salary, food & Insurance.
• Necessary number of porters
• Kathmandu Valley city sightseeing tour
• Kathmandu Hotel on BB plan
• Porter’s salary, foods. Insurance & equipment’s
• All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
• First aid box.
• Necessary lights and tents.
• Celebration dinner after the trip in Kathmandu.
• Major Gears (can be arranged upon request)
• Medical/personal high-risk evacuation and rescue (suggest have rescue coverage policy as well)
• Personal Clothing/Gears for the trekking
• Tips for Nepalese staffs.
• Cost of personal expenses, shopping, Beverage bills etc.
• Nepal Visa Fee
• International Airfare
• Extra night in kathmandu and extra night at lukla in case of flight cancellation.
• Internet service during the trek is not included.
• Lunch and dinner except trekking.
Note: If provided date is not convenient for you then, let us know. We are happy to arrange your appropriate custom trip.
- Climbing harness
- Ice axe
- Mountaineering boots
- Ascender/ Descender/Abseil device
- Snow bar
- Ice hammer
- Helmet (optional)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Fleece jacket with wind-Stopper
- Waterproof shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (can hire here in Nepal also)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees Fahrenheit
- Trekking poles (sticks) ( Boundless Adventure (p) Ltd )
- Trek bag-pack (provided by Boundless Adventure (p) Ltd )
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Daypack (approximately 2,500 to 3,000 cubic inches)
- Thermo-rest sleeping pad
- Water bottles
- Small wash towel
- Quick drying towel (medium sized)
- Soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Tooth brush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Face and body moisturizer
- Nail clippers
- Small mirror
- Tissue paper/ toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial Hand wash
- Trail Map/Guide book
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen