Ganesh Himal Trek is Nepal's least visited trekking area, therefore Ganesh Himal trekking can be absolutely majestic for those who love to trek in silence and love absolute peace. Ganesh Himal trek is situated in the northwestern part of Kathmandu city and lies between the famous Langtang national park to the east and Manaslu conservation area on the west. Ganesh Himal trekking offers the best and beautiful feeling of trekking into the actual wilderness, friendly inhabitants with a majestic view of pristine Range of Ganesh Himal. Ganesh Himal Mountain range includes Ganesh Himal main/ Yangra (7429m), Ganesh Himal II/ Lapsang Karpo (7118m), Ganesh Himal III/ Salasungo (7110m), Ganesh Himal IV/ Pabil (7052m), Ganesh Himal V (6986m) and Ganesh Himal VII (6350m). Besides the Ganesh Himal range, one can also enjoy the beautiful mountain views of Langtang Himalayan range and Himalayas from Manaslu region.
The name Ganesh Himal was derived from the legendary Hindu god Ganesh, who has the elephant head and the Ganesh IV Himal looks somewhat similar to the trunk of an elephant. This is why the entire Ganesh Himal range was named as Ganesh Himal. Himalayan Icefall Trekking starts the trek from 6-7 hours long drive up to Parvati Kunda via Dhunche and Shyafru, located north of Kathmandu. After a rest at parbati Kunda, a small holy lake named after the famous Hindu Goddess Parvati, our trek starts through beautiful quaint old villages, entering silent forests, and crossing through old wooden bridges we will reach villages like Gatlang-Somdang-Tipling-Sertum then gradually ascending towards Dobra danda (4341m) from where stunning view of Ganesh Himal can be seen. Overall Ganesh Himal trek can be absolutely memorial experience, to feel and see the natural as well as the cultural beauty of Nepal.
* Ganesh-Manaslu-Langtang Himalayan Ranges
* Beautiful monasteries
* Amazing Landscapes, Waterfalls, lakes and natural hot spring
* Different indigenous community and their culture and Hospitality
* Glaciars and Rivers
* Slient and peaceful environment
* Abundant Flora and Fauna
Day 01: Arrival at the Tribhuwan International Airport.
Day 02: Drive Kathmandu to Gatlang (2238m) via Shyapru.(7-8 hours)
- Our Airport representative will meet and assist you at the Airport then you will be transferred to your respective hotel.
Day03: Trek Gatlang to Somdang (3270m) (6-7 hours)
- After your breakfast, we will start our drive to Gatlang from Kathmandu. The road goes through Trishuli bazaar-Betrawati-Ramche-Dhunche and Syabrubesi. Syabrubesi is also the gateway to Langtang national park, but we will drive towards Gatlang.
Day 04: Trek Somdang to Pangsang kharka (3820m) (5-6 hours)
- From Gatlang, our trek goes through silent forest of Pine and Rhododendron untill we reach at the Yuri Kharka. After the lunch at Yuri Kharka we continue our trek towards Somdang river, it separates Two District, Dhading and Rasuwa. On our trail we can also see the lead and zinc mine. Further trek continues through very nice chukarma waterfall. Finally arrive at somdang for overnight.
Day 05: Trek Pangsang kharka to Sertum (1920m) (6-7 hours)
- After your breakfast at Somdang, the trail leads you to the Pangsang bhanjyang(3850m) then after few hours of trek we will arrive at Pangsang Kharka, where we will rest. Pangsang kharka is a nice place for viewing Manaslu and Ganesh Himal Range. Pangsang kharka is a large meadow area blessed for breathtaking view of amazing landscape and mountain views.
Day 06: Trek Sertum to Gumba Danda (2048m) (5-6 hours)
- From Pangsang Kharka we descend towards the village of Tipling, an example of religious harmony. There are two Buddhist monasteries and church is located along with the cremation place for both Buddhist and Christians along with colorful flags. From tipling descend towards the river of Adha khola, and after crossing the bridge over river ascend for while where we will arrive at the village of Shertung.
Day 07: Trek Gumba Danda to Thulo Dhunga (3686m) (5-6 hours)
- From Sertum we gradually ascend towards Gumba Danda/Hinduing, it takes around 5-6 hours of gradual trek through farm lands, tamang villages and chortens, finally arriving at Gumba Danda for overnight.
Day 08: Trek Thulo Dhunga to Nochhet Kharka (3780m) (6-7 hours)
- Our Trek further ascends towards Thulo Dhunga, which is indeed a beautiful place that offers the view of beautiful waterfall. At thulo Dhunga we may also encounter wild animals like Deer, wild boar, langur, Pheasant etc.
Day 09: Exploration Day, hike to Dobra Danda for Stunning close views of Ganesh Himal and Kalo seto lake, then overnight at Nochhet Kharka.
Day 10: Trek back Nochhet kharka to Hinduing (2048m) (7-8 hours)
- The trail continues steeply with occasional jaw-dropping views of the snowy peaks. Continue through seasonal grazing areas to eventually drop into an immense green meadow and splendid place at Nojet Kharka.
Day 11: Trek back Hinduing to Kapurgaun via Tato pani hot spring and Richetgaon (1500m) (5-6 hours)
- Trek from Nochhet kharka to Hindung (Gomba Danda) will be the same way back. However, stunning mountain views, surrounding landscape of nature and downhill jungle walk makes the trek pleasing.
Day 12: Trek Kapurgaun to Lapagaon then to khading gaon (2025m) (5-6 hours)
- From Hinduing village we will go for a hot spring pool for a bath, where we will relax our mind and body, then after we will trek back towards the small beautiful village of Kapurgaon.
Day 13: Trek Khadi gaon to Magne goth (2950m) (4-5 hours)
- Pass through Lapchet gaon which is a small but beautiful Gurung village with nearly 32 homes. Cross the Lapa Khola and ascend along a trail surrounded by fields to the walled compound of a newly built hospital of the large town of Lapa gaon with over 400 homes.
Above Lapa gaon is Khading the largest Gurung village of the area. The residents have a welcoming spirit, and the people are enthusiastic to perform cultural dances with traditional music.
Day 14: Trek Magne goth to Lapu Danda (1250m) (5-6 hours)
- From Khadi Gaon, we trek steeply up the hill to the west in a tall, blue pine forest with rambling rhododendron is Magne Goth.
Day 15: Trek Lapu Danda to Ganga Jamuna (950m) (5-6 hours)
- After Magne Goth, our trek enters Gorkha district. The trek goes downhill to cross Chote River before climbing through lush forest and descending into a valley with excellent panoramas including Manaslu. Pass through the scenic villages of Dhonjet, Kartunje and Manbu and re-enter Dhading district to reach the Laphu Danda. Take in views of snow-clad Himalchuli and Shringi peaks with a section of the Ganesh Range.
Day 16: Trek Ganga Jamuna to Phool Kharka (2-3 hours) then drive to Kathmandu (6-7 hours)
- The trail ascends through fertile fields of Baseri as it ascends to Dandagaon, with excellent views of Manaslu and more. Continue gradually to the beautiful twin waterfalls of Ganga Jamuna.
Day 17: Relax, Free and Easy Day
- From Ganga Jamuna, we will hike down to the beautiful village of Phul kharka which lies near to the Ganga Jamuna. On our way we will pass through beautiful village of Tamang and chhtris. Upon arriving at Phulkharka, we will drive towards kathmandu.
Day 18: Kathmandu valley full city tour
Day 19: International Departure.
For Trip cost Please Mail us at: email@example.com
• Conservation/national park fees and all government taxes.
• Accommodation in the Lodges/ camps in trekking areas.
• All required land Transportation during the Trip
• Experienced & professional Trekking Guide, his Salary, food & Insurance.
• The necessary number of porters
• Kathmandu Valley city sightseeing tour
• Hotel in Kathmandu on Bed and Breakfast
• Porter’s salary, foods. Insurance &equipment’s
• All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
• First aid box.
• Celebration dinner after the trip in Kathmandu.
• Medical/personal high-risk insurance (suggest have rescue coverage policy as well)
• Personal Clothing/Gears for the trekking
• Tips for Nepalese staffs
• Nepal Visa Fee
• International Airfare fee
• Hot Showers during your trek
• Internet cost during the trek
• Major Meals in Kathmandu
Note: If provided date is not convenient for you then, let us know. We are happy to arrange your appropriate custom trip.
The major important checklist for the trekking are as follows:
1) Trekking boots - 01 pair with 4 pairs of warm shocks
2) Dawn Jacket - 01
3) Sleeping bag- 01
4) Long sleeves - 02 pairs
5) Sun glass - 01
6) Hat - 01
7) Water Bottle - 01
8) Half Pant - 01
9) Trousers - 02
10 ) T- Shirts - 04
11) Trekking Stick - 02
12) Sunscreen - 01
13) Mosquito repelling cream - 01 ( in case in the low land areas)
14) Rucksack - 01
15) Gloves -01 pair
16) Wind proof jacket- 1
17) Warm Cap-1
18) Personal Medicines
19) Flash light