Bardiya national park is one of the wildest and undisturbed protected areas of Nepal, which was established in the year 1988. Bardiya national park Nepal is located in Nepal's Terai region, which adjoins with the eastern part of Karnali River bank in the district of Bardiya. Bardiya national park covers an area of 1,437 km2 including the Tiger conservation unit (TCU) Bardiya-Banke that extends up to 2231 km2 of sub-tropical moist deciduous forests and alluvial grassland. Bardiya national park of Nepal is mainly famous for freshwater Gangetic Dolphin. The best time to visit Bardiya national park is between March to June. Besides Gangetic Dolphin, Bardiya national park offers the variety of Flora and faunas which can be listed as follows:
Flora: Almost 70% of the park is covered with Sal trees (Shorea robusta) with the combination of grassy land and Riverine forests around Karnali River. Due to the abundance of Sal tree local people nearby the national park use the leaves of Sal tree during their festivals and religious activities. The park comprises 839 species of flora, including 173 vascular plant species comprising 140 dicots, 26 monocots, six fern, and one gymnosperm species.
• (Animals): Endangered animals like one horned Rhinoceros, Royal Bengal tiger, Wild elephants, black buck, Swamp deer, Gharial crocodile, marsh mugger, Gangetic Dolphin.
• (Birds): Bengal florican, lesser florican, crane, white-rumped vulture, geese and around 407 species of birds.
• Also different species of snakes, lizards, and fish.
The Bardiya national park has three main seasons, each providing a unique experience. From October through early April the weather is dry. The days are warm, and the nights are cool and pleasant. From April to June the temperatures warm up and rising up to 40 degree celsius in May. The hot sticky days give way to the monsoon rains that lasts until September.
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuwan international Airport, and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Morning drive to Domestic Airport for Mountain flight then back to hotel for breakfast. After breakfast, Kathmandu city tour.
Option 1: Fly Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (45 minutes) then drive to Bardiya national park from Nepalgunj which approximately takes 2.5 hours (87 km)
Option 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj which can take up 12 hours (516 km) of a long drive then from Nepalgunj drive further 87 km, 2.5 hours to finally reach the Bardiya national park.
Day 03: Fly Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (45min) then drive to resort at Bardiya national Park.
From Day 03- Day 05: Jungle activities including elephant ride+ Tharu culture show and tharu village excursion+ Bird waching+ canoeing trip+ Ghariyal crocodile trip.
Day 06: Drive back to Nepalgunj and fly to Kathmandu. (Free and easy day) followed by Typical Nepali farewell dinner from Himalayan Icefall Trekking comapany.
Day 07: International departure.
* Accommodation in Kathmandu in Bed and Breakfast plan.
* Accommodation in Bardiya.
* All sightseeing and outings
* Mountain flight
* Domestic flight Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and back to Kathmandu.
* Village tour, Sunset view, canoe ride, Tharu culture dance, Jeep safari, Rafting
* Park entrance fees and all meals in Bardiya.
* Farewell dinner
* Any bar bills (alcoholic drinks, mineral water, cold drinks and chocolates), cigarettes,
* Client’s personal insurance.
* Any kind of unforeseen expenses etc.
* Personal Equipment
* All personal expenses.
* Rescue charge.
* Tips & donations.
Note: Above Itinerary is based on Himalayan Icefall trekking company; however it can also be modified as per your choice and need. Please let us know how you would like to do and we will arrange you accordingly.