Saribung Trekking and Peak Climbing (6346m) is the most amazing but less popular destination in Nepal, due to its remote location and less information. Saribung is the Peak (6346m) located between Annapurna region and Mustang. Trekking and peak climbing in the remote part of Nepal is one of the memorable and unforgettable experiences in Nepal. Saribung Trek and Peak climbing consist of trekking into the centuries-old ancient trails, rugged landscapes, several high passes and glaciers, typical ethnical villages and their culture, hidden valleys, and of course amazing views of several high mountains and peaks. Himalayan Icefall trekking Saribung Adventure starts from Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara, then next flight to Jomsom and from Jomsom trek to the ancient Kingdom of Lomanthang via several passes finally to Saribung base camp, and to Saribung peak then trekking via Hidden valley of Narphu to Besisahar to finally to Kathmandu.
* Rugged Landscapes
* Ancient hidden valleys and centuries old trails
* Spectacular views of High mountains and Peaks and trekking through high passes
* Typical ethnical culture, lifestyle and aged old monasteries
* Ice lakes and high water Falls
* Variety of flora and fauna
* Ancient historical places like palace, forts and caves
The best time to trek and climb Saribung is during the months of March to May and September to November, and this is considered as strenuous trek since this expedition includes several days of trekking through high passes and rugged landscapes. Generally everyone can do this expedition; however, past trekking, climbing, and physical exercise background add extra benefit. The Major highlights and attractions of the Saribung expedition can be as follows:
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2: Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour
Day 3: Kathmandu – Pokhara Drive: 6 – 7 hrs
Day 4: Pokhara to Jomsom Flight and Jomsom to Kagbeni Trek (2,800m): 3 – 4 hrs
Day 5: Trek Kagbeni to Tsaile (3,100m): 5 – 6 hrs
Day 6: Trek Tsaile to Ghiling (3,570m): 6 – 7 hrs
Day 7: Trek Ghiling to Tsarang (3,560m): 6 – 7 hrs
Day 8: Trek Tsarang to Lo-Manthang (3,840m): 7- 8 hrs
Day 9: Acclimatization Day and Explore
Day 10: Trek Lo-Manthang to Yara (3,900m): 6 – 7 hrs
Day 11: Trek Yara to Luri: 3 – 4 hrs
Day 12: Trek Luri Gompa to Ghuma Thanti (4,600m): 5 – 6 hrs
Day 13: Trek Ghuma Thanti to Namta Khola (4890m): 7 – 8 hrs
Day 14: Trek Namta Khola to Saribung Base Camp (4,950m): 6 – 7 hrs
Day 15: Acclimatization day
Day 16: Climb Saribung Base Camp to Camp I (5,730m): 5 – 6 hrs
Day 17: Climb Camp I to Saribung Peak (6,346m) to Saribung Base Camp (4,950m): 8 – 9 hrs
Day 18: Trek Saribung Base Camp to Saribung Pass (6,042m) to Nagoru (4,400m)
Day 19: Trek Nagoru to Phu Gaon (4,080m): 5 – 6 hrs
Day 20: Trek Phu Gaon to Meta (3,560m): 5 – 6 hrs
Day 21: Trek Meta to Koto (2,600m): 6 – 7 hrs
Day 22: Drive Koto to Besi Sahar (6-7 hours)
Day 23: Drive Besi Sahar to Kathmandu (6-7 hours)
Day 24: Free and easy day
Day 25: International Departure
Please contact us for the cost and Itinerary details for interested Adventurers.
• Oxygen Bottle (O2): Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropiate charge).
• Oxygen mask and regulater
• Certificate: Island Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association (after climbing the Island Peak successfully).
• Conservation/National park/Climbing fees and all government taxes.
• Kathmandu/Lukla/ Kathmandu flight cost
• Accommodation in the Lodges in trekking areas.
• All required land Transportation during the Trip
• Government licensed, Experienced & professional Sherpa Guide, his Salary, food & Insurance.
• Necessary number of porters
• Kathmandu Valley city sightseeing tour
• Kathmandu Hotel on BB plan
• Porter’s salary, foods. Insurance & equipment’s
• All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
• First aid box.
• Necessary lights and tents.
• Celebration dinner after the trip in Kathmandu.
• Major Gears (can be arranged upon request)
• Medical/personal high-risk evacuation and rescue (suggest have rescue coverage policy as well)
• Personal Clothing/Gears for the trekking
• Tips for Nepalese staffs.
• Cost of personal expenses, shopping, Beverage bills etc.
• Nepal Visa Fee
• International Airfare
• Extra night in kathmandu and extra night at lukla in case of flight cancellation.
• Internet service during the trek is not included.
• Lunch and dinner except trekking.
Note: If provided date is not convenient for you then, let us know. We are happy to arrange your appropriate custom trip.
- Climbing harness
- Ice axe
- Mountaineering boots
- Ascender/ Descender/Abseil device
- Snow bar
- Ice hammer
- Helmet (optional)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Fleece jacket with wind-Stopper
- Waterproof shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (can hire here in Nepal also)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees Fahrenheit
- Trekking poles (sticks) ( Boundless Adventure (p) Ltd )
- Trek bag-pack (provided by Boundless Adventure (p) Ltd )
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Daypack (approximately 2,500 to 3,000 cubic inches)
- Thermo-rest sleeping pad
- Water bottles
- Small wash towel
- Quick drying towel (medium sized)
- Soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Tooth brush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Face and body moisturizer
- Nail clippers
- Small mirror
- Tissue paper/ toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial Hand wash
- Trail Map/Guide book
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen