Chulu west Peak (6419m) is located in the Manang district of Nepal and it is the part of Manang Himal and climbing the chulu peak is one of the finest experiences to feel and view the majestic mountains in the Famous Annapurna Region. In fact there are two chulu peaks, Chulu east and chulu west and our itinerary is for the Chulu west peak. Himalayan Icefall trekking organize the Chulu west peak climbing itinerary combining with the famous Annapurna Circuit trekking, which is Nepal's classical best trekking route in Nepal. Climbing Chulu west requires physical, mental and personal commitment is needed along with previous trekking and climbing experience is highly preferred. Chulu west requires more stamina and will power to reach the summit, Proper acclimatization is very important in order to get success in climbing. However there is no real technical difficulty climbing the peak, it can be done slow depending upon the snow conditions. Chulu west peak climbing is suitable for both experienced and beginners who wish to climb the peak. Himalayan Icefall Trekking provides the necessary motivations, trainings, and skills needed for peak climbing with our government licensed experienced Sherpa guides.
The best suitable season for chulu west Climbing are during spring (Mid March to May) and autumn (mid September to November).
CHULU WEST PEAK CLIMBING ITINERARY
Day 01: Arrival to Kathmandu & Transfer to the Hotel (1,350m)
Day 02: Rest in Kathmandu and Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Besishahar (760m)
Day 04: Drive Besisahar to Dharapani (1860m)
Day 05: Trek Dharapani to Koto (2600m)
Day 06: Trek Koto to Lower Pisang (3200m)
Day 07: Trek Lower pisang to Manang (3540m)
Day 08: Acclimatisation in Manang (rest day)
Day 09: Trek from Manang to Ledar (4,200m)
Day 10: Trek from Ledar to Chulu West Basecamp (4,900m)
Day 11: Trek from Basecamp to Chulu West High Camp (5,600m)
Day 12: Climb from High Camp to Summit (6,419m) and descend to the Basecamp
Day 13: Trek Basecamp to Ledar(4200m)
Day 14: Trek Ledar to Thorang High camp (4925m)
Day 15: Trek Thorang high camp to Muktinath (3760m) crossing Thorangla passes (5416m)
Day 16: Trek Muktinath to Jomsom (2670m) (4-5hours)
Day 17: Fly Jomsom to Pokhara (25-30 minutes)
Day 18: Fly pokhara to Kathmandu (30 minutes)
Day 19: Rest day at Kathmandu
Day 20: International Departure.
Cost starts from USD 3500.00 per person (Minimum two person basis)
From 3-6 person USD 3300.00 per person
From 7-10 person USD 3000.00 per person
• Oxygen Bottle (O2): Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency (with appropiate charge).
• Oxygen mask and regulater
• Certificate: Island Peak climbing certificate issued by Nepal Mountaineering Association (after climbing the Island Peak successfully).
• Conservation/National park/Climbing fees and all government taxes.
• Domestic flight
• Accommodation in the Lodges in trekking areas.
• All required land Transportation during the Trip
• Government licensed, Experienced & professional Sherpa Guide, his Salary, food & Insurance.
• Necessary number of porters
• Kathmandu Valley city sightseeing tour
• Kathmandu and pokhara Hotel on BB plan
• Porter’s salary, foods. Insurance & equipment’s
• All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during the trek
• First aid box.
• Necessary lights and tents.
• Celebration dinner after the trip in Kathmandu.
• Major Gears (can be arranged upon request)
• Medical/personal high-risk evacuation and rescue (suggest have rescue coverage policy as well)
• Personal Clothing/Gears for the trekking
• Tips for Nepalese staffs.
• Cost of personal expenses, shopping, Beverage bills etc.
• Nepal Visa Fee
• International Airfare
• Extra night in kathmandu or Pokhara.or (Jomsom) in case of flight cancellation
• Internet service during the trek is not included.
• Lunch and dinner except on trekking areas.
Note: If provided date is not convenient for you then, let us know. We are happy to arrange your appropriate custom trip.
- Climbing harness
- Ice axe
- Mountaineering boots
- Ascender/ Descender/Abseil device
- Snow bar
- Ice hammer
- Helmet (optional)
- Sun hat or scarf
- Fleece jacket with wind-Stopper
- Waterproof shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (can hire here in Nepal also)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottoms
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Sleeping bag rated to zero degrees Fahrenheit
- Trekking poles (sticks) ( Boundless Adventure (p) Ltd )
- Trek bag-pack (provided by Boundless Adventure (p) Ltd )
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Daypack (approximately 2,500 to 3,000 cubic inches)
- Thermo-rest sleeping pad
- Water bottles
- Small wash towel
- Quick drying towel (medium sized)
- Soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Tooth brush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Face and body moisturizer
- Nail clippers
- Small mirror
- Tissue paper/ toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial Hand wash
- Trail Map/Guide book
- Reading book
- Journal & Pen